#roofing #marietta #ga
Top Roofers in Marietta, GA
Selecting a Roofing Contractor in Marietta, Georgia
Since a new roof is only needed every 10 – 20 years or so, many people haven’t hired a roofing company recently, if at all. Below are a few brief hints to follow to make sure your roof repair or replacement project is completed by a reputable contractor.
Simple steps to selecting a quality roofer
- Consult reliable reviews and other 3rd party information about a contractor’s reputation
- Typically contact 1- 3 roofers for an estimate. For a lower cost repair, one estimate may sufficient. For higher priced replacements, get 2 or 3 estimates.
- Interview the roofing company representative. Ask for evidence of license and insurance certificates. Also, do they guarantee their workmanship? Is the estimate and the guarantee in writing? If you’re getting a complete roof replacement, ask the contractor if they will provide a couple recent homeowner or business owner references from other re-roofing projects.
- Contact the references to see if they were happy with the quality of the roof contractor’s work
- Select the contractor that you trust and offers you the best overall value. Value includes quality and price. Don’t automatically choose the roofer with the lowest price. There are a lot of “fly-by-night” roofing contractors out there that may provide a low bid and then proceed to provide you poor service and a poorly done roof. Select the contractor that is trustworthy, offers professional credentials, and a fair price.
What warranties are generally provided by roofing companies?
Materials warranties are actually provided by the manufacturer of the roofing material. Manufacturers usually offer different warranties depending on the grade of material you select. For example, if you’re replacing a shingle roof, less expensive shingles usually carry a shorter warranty, as you might expect. The duration of these warranties may be anywhere from 5-10 years up to “lifetime.”
An additional warranty may be offered directly from the roofer. A “Workmanship Warranty” or “Workmanship Guarantee” is a warranty directly from the roofing contractor that essentially guarantees that the roof installation was done properly. Depending on the language in the warranty, any roof leaks or other problems related to improper installation may be covered by the roofing company. These warranties, if offered, are typically anywhere from one to ten years.