Heartland Hospice Serving Northern Virginia
Counties Served: Fairfax County, Prince William County, Arlington City, Alexandria City, Fairfax City, Manassas Park City, Loudoun County
3900 Jermantown Road, Suite 460
Fairfax, VA 22030-4900
3900 Jermantown Road, Suite 460
Fairfax, VA 22030-4900
Agency Phone: 703-273-8693
Agency Fax: 703-273-8694
What Makes Us Different
- You don’t have to give up hope to get hospice. Many patients and the loved ones who care for them say they wish hospice care had started sooner.
- Treatments that provide our patients with comfort and relief may continue, uninterrupted, even after we’ve started providing hospice care.
- We don’t require that advance directive choices be made such as a “do not resuscitate” order (DNR) or living will to begin providing hospice care.
- When you need care, we’re ready to provide it. Any day of the year, any time of the day, we can initiate hospice care for you or your loved one.
- Our heart stretches across the nation. At any given time, Heartland provides comforting care to thousands of patients in communities and neighborhoods across the country.
- We’re fully accredited by Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC). We’ve chosen to follow their additional requirements in order to help advance the highest standards of community-based care.
- Wherever you are in your health care journey, we’re there to meet you.
- As mutual care providers, we work closely with your health care professionals to make sure specific protocols are followed closely.
In Addition We Offer
- Patient-focused care with patient/family maintaining control
- Referrals and admissions 24-hours a day, 7-days a week
- Encouragement for patients’ physician to be attending physician
- Onsite referral coordination
- Heartland clinicians sent to the Emergency Department to meet patients who have gone to the hospital
- We Honor Veterans
- Vigil Volunteers for patients at end-of-life
- Music therapy
- Admission follow-up phone call within 24-48 hours after admission
- Making Choices guide for end-of-life choices
- Memorial services
Dr. Shiela M. Chen – Medical Director
- Credentials: MD
Nancy Jay – Administrator
- Credentials: RN, BSN
Heartland Hospice Care Team
- Patients and families
- Heartland’s Medical Director
- The patient’s physician
- Registered nurses
- Hospice aides
- Social worker
- Spiritual care coordinator
- Bereavement counselor
- Physical, occupational and speech/language therapists
The Heartland Experience means trying to exceed your expectations in every way. As part of our commitment to excellence, we measure the level of our service so that we can enrich the lives of our patients and the people who love them by delivering services that best meet their needs. *
Anxiety Controlled Within 48 Hours:
Pain Controlled Within 48 Hours:
Shortness of Breath Controlled Within 48 Hours:
* Source: Strategic Healthcare Programs (SHP) 2016
Partners in Care
Heartland Hospice collaborates with a variety of health care partners and organizations within our community to help improve access to high-quality care. Some of our Partners in Care include:
Every day, our hospice agencies receive recognition for the care they have provided to a patient or someone’s loved one. Many tell us they don’t have the words to describe their appreciation and simply say “Thanks.” Below are comments and letters from patients and family members sharing their gratitude.
“My Mom is 85 and has been with Heartland Hospice serving Northern Virginia. I would like to pass on the Godsend this organization has been. The nurses Tina, Reagan and Sarah have treated my mom with so much care and kindness through these difficult times. The whole medical team is prompt with requests and professional in the care they offer. The way these nurses treat my mom are a great representative of your companies goals. I highly recommend Heartland Hospice.”
Son of a hospice patient, Fairfax, VA
It is our goal to create a positive difference every day, to make a personal connection and to create memorable moments that will enrich our patients’ and families’ lives.
To read quotes from patients and family members expressing their thanks and appreciation, click here .
Steve became a Heartland Hospice volunteer in early 2012. After his very first visit with a patient he became passionate about volunteering and dedicating his time to others.
“Six months ago, Andrea walked through my door and my life was forever changed. I was so frightened to know that hospice would now be taking care of my dad.”
-Family member of hospice patient, Northern Virginia
At Heartland, we consider our involvement with patients a sacred opportunity and a privilege to be in their lives. We depend on our hospice volunteers to help us provide the love, respect and care our patients and their families need.
Our volunteers help enrich the lives of our patients by:
- Running errands for patients and families
- Staying with patients so family members can get a much-needed rest
- Reading or providing a comforting touch
- Playing or singing soothing music to patients
- Keeping vigil with patients in their final hours
- Helping with office support tasks at the agency
- Providing a friendly visit to lift a patient’s spirits
- Providing special veteran volunteer support to patients who are veterans
To become a hospice volunteer, click here to download and complete the volunteer form on a desktop computer. Once completed, save and email the form to our Heartland staff (if you use Microsoft Outlook, please use this link instead). You may also print out the form and complete it by hand, then fax it to 703-273-8694 or mail it to our agency. We will contact you once the form has been received. If you have any questions, please call our agency.
Join Our Team
Become a part of our team and join us on our mission to provide patient-centered care. Click on the link below for a list of current openings at this location. You can also register for our job alerts and get up-to-the minute notifications of positions as they become available.